Sunday, November 16, 2014

American Party, Porch & Specs

Friday night was such good fun, celebrating the citizenship tests. Friends brought decorated cakes, pasta, booze and balloons. They all signed a card for us to keep and we had a lovely time. As usual I stayed up far too late (3am) and so yesterday was a complete wash-out. I barely made it out of my pajamas and looked like something out of The Walking Dead for most of the day. I'm too old for those kinds of shenanigans. Thankfully Craig was able to function although he too felt like poo. We were both in bed by 10pm last night. Would I do things differently? Probably not. Dancing in my living room to ELO at 3am with Eric was worth it.




The porch has seen some major development this weekend. I'm already wandering out onto it and looking forward to it being my hang-out place.

Starting to look like a porch
Another development; Jack needs glasses. He thinks it's very cool but I'm sad. I don't want my boy's eyes to be going bad already, he's only 8. I was hoping he flunked the test on purpose (we'll get another before getting glasses) but his teacher is convinced he needs them. She also thinks his reading and concentration might be greatly improved if he gets them. So that's on the list of things to do this week, along with Boy Scouts and making dinner for the needy.


No comments: